Founder & Owner
My name is Susan Powers. I am a mother of two grown children, so I understand first hand the desire for your future college student to have all possible opportunities open to him or her. Email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org!
I began my career in test prep nearly 30 years ago when I started teaching Kaplan SAT and GMAT courses for fun. I enjoy seeing students’ minds and eyes light up and watching their confidence building week after week. I founded Woodlands Test Prep in 2011 because tutoring one-on-one or in small group classes is even more rewarding — students make so much more progress when attention is devoted to their specific needs.
Now a member of the Board of the National Test Prep Association, I’m excited to help support the worldwide network of tutors helping students meet and exceed their goals.
- B.A. in French and B.B.A. in Finance from Southern Methodist University (Go Ponies!)
- M.B.A. in Entrepreneurship from University of Texas at Austin
- National Merit Scholar
- President’s Scholar at SMU (full-tuition scholarship for top 25 incoming freshman)
- Longhorn Scholar at UT (full-tuition scholarship for top 25 incoming freshman)
- Excellence in Writing Award – Sam Houston State University
- I regularly take the SAT and ACT every year. Over the past several years, my average scores have been a 1560 on the SAT and a 35 on the ACT. I scored in the 99th percentile back in the day on the PSAT and GMAT.
We are very proud to be Best of The Woodlands Online – again in 2023!